This page gives a summary of the seven principles for transforming your life that are outlined in in my book The tree of becoming. Each of these principles is equally important if you wish to discover your true self and manifest your true self into the world.
The first principle
CREATE LOVE IN YOUR LIFE
Love is the most creative force in the Universe. By bringing more love into your life you will automatically attract the things you need to make you happy.
You may feel there is not enough love in your life and you have little control over the amount of love that comes your way. This is not true. You can attract love into your life, but only if you start giving love rather than expecting to receive it.
If you would like more love in your life then you must start behaving differently. This will change the way other people see you, and as importantly, it will change the way you see yourself.
Here are affirmations from my book on how to create love in your life. There is a section for each of these in my book giving guidance and specific exercises to help you manifest them in your life:
- I choose to see beauty around me, and goodness in every one I meet.
- I welcome people and situations exactly as they are; accepting things as they are is an expression of love and a foundation for change.
- Everything that is happening now is for my greater good. I am learning from this experience, and I am ready to accept any changes I need to make in order to be happy and
- Giving spontaneously creates a doorway for love to come into my life.
- I am ready to receive love with an open heart full of joy and gratitude.
- I love myself exactly as I am.
- I forgive people who upset or hurt me, but I set strong boundaries when necessary, to protect myself, and help others change in a positive way.
- My body is the temple of my soul. I take care and look after my body so I have the strength and vitality to shine my unique light into the world.
- My love is beautiful and strong like a rose.
The second principle
RADIATE YOUR OWN UNIQUE LIGHT INTO THE WORLD
Each of us has a beautiful and unique personality and purpose in life.
We can only be happy and healthy if we are true to ourselves. If we are confused as to who we really are, or frightened to be ourselves, we will be unhappy and eventually become ill. Chronic illness is often the result of continuous frustration or denial of our inner desires and needs. We need to be ourselves.
Here are affirmations from my book on how to radiate your own unique light into the world. There is a section for each of these in my book giving guidance and specific exercises to help you manifest them in your life:
- I am open and honest and radiate my own special light into the world.
- I enjoy doing things that give me a buzz.
- I am spontaneous and full of energy.
- I love discovering new things about myself.
- I decide for myself what I do and don’t do: I listen to other people’s opinions but form my own views about things.
- I learn from my mistakes and forgive myself for things I do wrong.
- I transform my anger into positive action.
- I do not try and control other people, and I do not allow others to control me.
- I change my beliefs when they are no longer helpful.
- I let go of attachments when I need to move.
The third principle
FIND PEACE WITHIN YOURSELF
Being peaceful is an active state of being that can pervade our lives. It is not simply stopping and doing nothing. When we are peaceful and still our thoughts we can be totally conscious in the present moment and intimately connected to the universe around us. This opens up the gateway to inspiration and clarity.
Only by being still can we calm the ceaseless activity of the mind, be clear about what is happening in our life, and know what we need to do. We stop and observe where we are and exercise choice about our future actions.
Stillness can be cultivated even in the midst of everyday activity.
Here are affirmations from my book on how to find peace within yourself. There is a section for each of these in my book giving guidance and specific exercises to help you manifest them in your life:
- I make time to relax even when am very busy.
- I simplify my life by doing the things I enjoy and by not allowing others to use me.
- I take time out to be still when I need inspiration.
- I contemplate the beauty of nature and absorb the healing energy that surrounds me.
- I trust my own intuition.
- I create time to chill out every now and again.
- I observe my habitual thought patterns and decide whether I wish to change them.
- I welcome both good and bad experiences in my life as opportunities to learn and move forward.
- I am a spiritual being and part of the vast consciousness of the universe.
- I am a wave in an ocean of love.
- I find my true self by being in communion with other people, animals and nature.
The fourth principle
CREATE YOUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE
Before you can manifest any change in the physical world you must imagine things as you wish them to be. You need to put a clear message out to the Universe believing that you can create whatever you wish for in your life,
Ask and you will receive is a universal truth. But you must ask in a particular way. Most importantly you need to be sure that what you ask for will make you happy, does not harm other living beings, and enables you to fulfill your higher purpose in life.
Here are affirmations from my book on how to create your vision for the future. There is a section for each of these in my book giving guidance and specific exercises to help you manifest them in your life:
- My Tree of Becoming is sending out branches every day, creating new and exciting opportunities for me to fulfil my spiritual purpose in this life.
- I am willing to let go of any fears and resistance that are preventing me from manifesting my vision and the intentions shown on my Tree of Becoming.
- I am carrying out my true purpose, creating happiness and fulfillment for myself and other people.
- I share my life with a wonderful partner. We are loving and compassionate with one another.
- I let go of any negative beliefs and past experiences relating to money, knowing that I will receive all the help I need when I am following my spiritual purpose in life.
- I use my talents to create a better world for myself and all creatures living on the planet
- I can heal myself of illness by taking care of my physical and emotional needs, and by sending unconditional love to any part of my body that is dis eased.
- Everyone in my life is here for a reason, and every difficult situation I face is an opportunity for me to become a more complete person.
- I will only use my willpower and knowledge for the greater good of humanity and creation.
The fifth principle
CHANGE HABITS THAT CHAIN YOU TO THE PAST
Habits are deeply ingrained patterns of behaviour that have become established over many years, often from early childhood. They include your beliefs, emotions such as anger, people you are attracted to, and how you spend your time.
The greatest force preventing you from becoming happy and successful in your life are the damaging beliefs and habits you have developed up to now. Beliefs and habits are like the force of inertia; they keep you going in the same direction and in the same old groove you have always been in. You are addicted to your habits. They make you feel safe and secure. But, at the same time, habits are your greatest enemy and keep you locked in the same familiar prison.
Here are affirmations from my book on how to change habits that chain you to the past. There is a section for each of these in my book giving guidance and specific exercises to help you manifest them in your life:
- I notice patterns that repeat themselves in my life.
- I use inspiring metaphors to describe myself and my life.
- I change my beliefs to improve my life and the life of others.
- I let go of damaging thoughts and emotions.
- I decide whether to keep or let go of addictive behaviour.
- I work constantly to improve the relationship I have with everyone who is in my life.
- I do small acts of kindness to make other people feel happy.
- I am open to for new and different relationships in my life.
- I resolve rather than create conflict in my life.
- I enjoy going to places where I have not been before.
- I let go of unhelpful habits that are linked to my past.
- I am excited and optimistic about changes that are taking place in my life.
The sixth principle
PUT YOUR DREAMS INTO ACTION
You must start changing right now.
It’s no good thinking you will start changing your life tomorrow.
You have probably heard the saying ‘tomorrow never comes’. This is very true; when you get to tomorrow it will be today, and the chances are that you will continue to put off doing what you need to do to change your life.
The good news is that you don’t have to ‘change your whole world in a day’. What you must do is start to take the first steps today. By acting now, you are giving a clear message to the Universe that you really ‘mean business’. The Universe will respond by creating countless opportunities to help you on your path. Your actions don’t have to be large or difficult. Small actions will unlock the creative forces of the Universe. But you must be persistent and take every small opportunity to act out your vision.
Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it (Goethe).
Here are affirmations from my book on how to put your dreams into action. There is a section for each of these in my book giving guidance and specific exercises to help you manifest them in your life:
- I am ready to put my dreams into action.
- I act selflessly to manifest my true self for the good of humanity and all conscious beings.
- I continue to pursue my vision in the face of opposition or failure.
- I seek out good role models to help me achieve my vision.
- I network with people and organizations to achieve my goals.
- I let go of all physical and emotional clutter that is holding me back.
- I have the courage to seize opportunities when they arise.
- I gently let go of any fears that are holding me back.
- I reflect on my emotional reactions to other people, and use them to change my own perceptions or motivate positive action.
- I use my anger to energise action for constructive change in myself and the world.
- I create emotional anchors to help me in my daily life.
- I am gentle with myself and other people.
- I see all difficulties in my life as opportunities for change.
- I listen to the whispers from the universe.
The seventh principle
ENJOY AND CELEBRATE LIFE
When you thank someone for being kind to you they are more likely to be kind to you in the future. The ‘intelligent’ Universe acts in exactly the same way. The more you show gratitude to those around you and develop a sense of gratitude in your life the more you will attract good things into your life. This is a universal truth and is the basis of effective prayer.
In addition, giving thanks, showing gratitude and celebrating the good things in life makes you feel good.
Here are affirmations from my book on how to enjoy and celebrate life. There is a section for each of these in my book giving guidance and specific exercises to help you manifest them in your life:
- I smile and celebrate the beauty, love and diversity of life that surrounds me.
- I give thanks for all the love and kindness I receive.
- I find things to like and praise about people.
- I create quality time for my friends and people I love.
- I am a playful and joyful spirit living on a beautiful planet.
- I look for the good things that grow out of difficult times.
- I celebrate new beginning and endings in the same way as the coming and going of the seasons.
- I raise my spirit in divine love for all creation.